Monday, April 22, 2013

Book Spotlight: Summer's Desire by Olivia Lynde

Hello, all! Today I am spotlighting a beautiful, New Adult, romance book by a super sweet author! Check out the steamy excerpt at the end of the post!


Summer's Desire by Olivia Lynde
Publication Date: March 20, 2013

Summary (from Goodreads):

A girl who has lost her voice, and a boy who carries a world of anger bottled up inside.

A girl haunted by soul-crushing guilt and regret, and a boy who knows he can't afford the weakness of feeling—not if he is to survive.

Summer and Seth meet by chance and become unlikely friends. In each other, they find a safe haven... and respite from the darkness haunting them both. 

Until they are betrayed.

Can they ever regain their friendship? And if they do, can they trust each other enough to take the biggest risk of all: falling in love?



Excerpt:

He pushes me gently in a reclining position. I lie back, supporting my head on the armrest. Then before I realize what's happening, he lifts my legs with one arm, sits down as well, and resettles my legs on his lap. After which he leans down toward me in a fluid motion and proceeds to scrutinize my grazed lip. 

I keep completely still, staggered at our intimate pose. Inside me though, it's the furthest thing from "still" that there could possibly be. Instead, flickers of fire are surging and sizzling in a carnival of sparks. All of a sudden I feel woozy. 

"Breathe, Sunny," he orders softly, and I let a rush of air fill my lungs. [...] 

He's started cleaning my lip with the antiseptic and I flinch a little. 

"Sorry," he murmurs and blows gently above the corner of my mouth, where my skin is stinging. His lips are so close now that I would only have to lean forward a little and I could feel them on my own. [...] 

Fortunately, he finally retreats a little, removing the temptation of his lips from my immediate reach. He's staring at me with very intent blue eyes, his gaze focused on my mouth. I know that he's only doing this to examine the small wound there—yet still I'm beset by new waves of desire flowing through me. I have trouble breathing once again. 

He touches his finger to the bow of my lower lip and moves it slowly in a sensual slide. Sweet mercy, I wish he would stop! He's driving me crazy, fraying the fetters of my control. My heart is slamming against my ribs like a sledgehammer, and my skin feels too tight. 

My lips part and his blue eyes flash with enigmatic purpose, lids dropping to half-mast. Suddenly his head is lowering toward me. The feverish excitement inside me spreads and surges out of bonds. Overcome, I look up into Seth's eyes. His lips are coming closer still, so close to mine. And for a moment the world stops breathing.

YUM, right!? Get your ecopy of this book TODAY! Check out the buy links above. Thank you, lovely blog readers!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I'm definitely adding this book to my to-read list :)


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!