Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (#20): Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
Book Two of the Throne of Glass series
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Publication Date: August 27, 2013

Summary (from Goodreads):

An assassin’s loyalties are always in doubt.
But her heart never wavers.

After a year of hard labor in the Salt Mines of Endovier, eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has won the king's contest to become the new royal assassin. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown – a secret she hides from even her most intimate confidantes.

Keeping up the deadly charade—while pretending to do the king's bidding—will test her in frightening new ways, especially when she's given a task that could jeopardize everything she's come to care for. And there are far more dangerous forces gathering on the horizon -- forces that threaten to destroy her entire world, and will surely force Celaena to make a choice. 

Where do the assassin’s loyalties lie, and who is she most willing to fight for?



I cannot WAIT to read this book! I loved Throne of Glass, and I love fantasy in general. "Team" Dorian! Although Chaol is growing on me, for some reason. And I do appreciate the cover change, even if it is mid-series.

What are you waiting for this week?

33 comments:

  1. Quite a popular pick lately! Hope you enjoy this as much as the first one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven´t read the first book, but I love the cover.

    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited for this one too. Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi at Blkosiner’s Book BlogI am

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! I really need to read this series...

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still trying to fit in Throne of Glass! Yikes!! This series is supposed to be amazing. Great choice, and thanks so much for stopping by Books, Bones & Buffy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good pick.

    follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't started reading this series yet, but I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm dying to read this one too! I can't wait to see what will happen with my Captain :) Great pick :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, the wait is torture! And DORIAN FOR THE WIN! :)

      Delete
  9. I haven't started this series yet but I own the first book. This one has been on so many WoW posts this week and last week and I really need to catch up.

    Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You MUST read the first book - it really impressed me! And I know what you mean about catching up O_O

      Delete
  10. I still need to pick up Throne of Glass, but I totally plan to since I've heard so many good things. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Throne of Glass yet, but it looks really good. Awesome pick, Alyssa! (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Although I wasn’t wow’d by the first cover I like it a lot better than this. This looks like a cartoon. A kick-ass cartoon but still. Plus, WHY DO PUBLISHERS CHANGE COVERS?!?
    I am not a big Fantasy fan but I did like the first book. But I’m totally NOT Team Dorian. Team Chaol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you about being "cartoon"-ish, because I thought the same thing! It's grown on me though. I love fantasy, and I love Dorian! I wouldn't mind Chaol though. He's grown on me as well :)

      Delete
  13. Team Dorian -- no way :(
    Team Chaol!!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've had the first book on my shelf for months! I need to read this! Thanks for the reminder and now I'm excited to read this one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read it! It's definitely one of my favorite fantasy books :)

      Delete
  15. I wasn't a huge fan of Throne of Glass, but you cannot deny those covers are freakin' awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, that's too bad! And I really do like the cover change. Thanks, Krista!

      Delete
  16. Great pick sweetie ;) Haven't read book one yet, but I hope you will love this sequel :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should definitely check out Throne of Glass :D

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!