Thursday, March 19, 2015

Swoon Thursday (#112): Trouble From the Start by Rachel Hawthorne

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is Trouble From the Start by Rachel Hawthorne!


I slid my hand around the back of her head and brought her in for a kiss. I ignored the pain from my busted lip. I wanted to frighten her away. I wanted her to realize I wasn't good for her. I wanted her to know that I was dangerous, that I didn't care about her, that I only cared about me.

Instead, she crawled onto my lap, straddled my legs, took my head in both her hands, and kissed me back.

And I was a goner.

She tasted so good, like key lime pie. She combed her fingers through my hair, stroked her hands over my shoulders. I thought nothing in my life had ever felt so good.

I rolled her over until she was stretched out on the couch and we were pressed together. I loved how tall she was. She fit perfectly against me. I could never get enough of this, never get enough of her. There was comfort in her touch, gentleness, eagerness. She wanted the kiss, wanted it as much as I did.

- eARC, 54%




Any good swoony novels this week? :)

18 comments:

  1. Awesome swoon. I love that he was a goner.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Poor guy, losing his bad-boy-ness... or is he? ;D

      Delete
  2. Oh my his plan backfired in such a sweet way!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually ended up DNFing this one. I just could not get into it and it made me sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry! I remember you and Jen saying something about that... but I'm glad I kept chugging, because I ended up really liking it! ^_^

      Delete
  4. oo boy am i swooning! :)

    em @ www.afternoonbookery.com x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow that is a great swoon! I'm a sucker for a well done bad boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I can't wait to read this one! That swoon is seriously awesome too ;) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it, Zareena! It was quite great :D

      Delete
  7. Hell. Yes! I love that! I have this one for review myself, so I'm glad it has some swoons like this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous swoon Alyssa. <3 Though.. yeah. Not for me :( it just seems too weird, hah :D but I do like kissing scenes. <3 This one just didn't work for me :\ How mean. But anyway. Thank you for sharing it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm.... love those touchy kisses! Great pick!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!