Thursday, August 18, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#186): The Flame Never Dies by Rachel Vincent


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Flame Never Dies by Rachel Vincent!


"You may have to stick to touching soft things for a while." My cheeks flamed over my innuendo, but the heat in his eyes rewarded my bold words. After seventeen years under the Church's puritanical social rules, I still found it much easier to snuggle in the dark than to flirt in broad daylight.

"Now, that is one piece of advice I'd be happy to follow..." Finn leaned down, and my heart began to pound when his lips met mine. I'd seen and touched him every day for the past five months, yet every time we kissed, I felt like we were starting something new and wonderful. Something daring and bold, and completely ours.

- Hardcover copy, page 109




I just binge-read this series, and I liked both books! =)

10 comments:

  1. Now that's both sweet & naughty! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be reading this next and I'm excited to hear that you liked both books. Such an underrated series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Happy reading, Nick! Underrated indeed. =)

      Delete
  3. Wow this teaser has definitely left me wanting more Alyssa! I read one book by Vincent like a few years back and it didn't really work for me, but this series sounds more my sort of thing! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! You know, this book and book one were the first two YA books I read by Vincent. I probably won't be reading any of her past YA books, but this duology was amazing.

      You're welcome! And thank YOU, Jasprit!

      Delete
  4. Ahh you are killing me with these great swoons Alyssa, I really need too read this book soon. But I am so going to wait for awhile because I have a lot on my tbr list too read first lol :D Thank you for the awesome swoon scene Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'll be here every week. ;) I hope you enjoy the books if you read them!

      Delete
  5. Lovely swoon sweet girl :D Love. But ohh. They have been together for 5 months already? Somehow, I'm pretty sure they haven't slept together yet. Sigh. Which makes me a bit sad, haha :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!