Thursday, November 2, 2017

Swoon Thursday (#249): The Empress by S.J. Kincaid


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Empress by S.J. Kincaid!


Tyrus pulled me to him, his lips hot and intent, parting mine. His hand cupped the back of my neck. The stroke of his thumb at my nape sent delightful chills skittering down my spine.

His hand slid downward, and his eyes met mine before his touch traced up the expanse of my leg. He searched my face, and I realized he was gauging my response. Wanting to force him out of his head, I shoved him onto his back. Tyrus gave a startled sound, but his lips blazed into a grin as I tasted the skin of his throat... And then his legs were tangled with mine, rolling us over again, his face flickering in the warm glow of the firelight.

"I love you," he told me simply.

- ARC, page 55



My review should be posted shortly! You must check out The Diabolic and The Empress if you have not already. The series is a great one!

8 comments:

  1. I need to read The Diabolic. This is swoon worthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That’s an exciting quote. I LOVED The Diabolic. But I’m very nervous about it now being a trilogy. And super scared to read this one. I can’t wait to see your review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, very charged and sexy, Alyssa! I haven't hread of this series, but I'll definitely check it out now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I loved the most about The Diabolic was the romance, and I think Kincaid writes swoony scenes SO well. I can't wait to read this book!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to read this one! I love The Diabolic and I'm a little nervous about Empress because I thought The Diabolic ended perfectly. But still exited all the same.

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh this makes me so excited! I just got the ARC and haven't read much of it yet. I'm opening up my app now and start reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm swooning so hard because these two are one of my fav OTPs!! *heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eee, yay for awesome swoon :D And so early in the book. Sigh. That's the best :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!